In collecting your personal information Bondi Training Centre will comply with the requirements set out in the Privacy Act 1988, the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001 and the relevant state privacy legislation. This means that we will:
- Inform you of the purpose for which the information is collected.
- Only use the personal information that you provide to us in relation to your study with us.
- Ensure your personal information is securely handled and stored.
- We will inform you of any organisation and the type of organisation to which we disclose personal information e.g. the Australian Government or the National Centre for Vocational Education Research, as well as the purpose of disclosing this information e.g. for statistical purposes.
- We will not disclose your personal information to another person or organisation unless:
- We have made you aware that information of that kind is usually passed to that person or organisation.
- You have given written consent;
- We believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to your life or health or that of another person;
- The disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of the public revenue.
- This Privacy Statement is designed to inform you of how Bondi Training Centre collects and treats your personal information when you access and use our Web Site.
Collection of Personal Information
In general, personal information will be collected through course application and/or enrolment forms, training records, assessment records and online forms and submissions. The types of personal information collected include:
- personal details
- contact details
- employment information where relevant
- academic history
- statistical information about your prior education, schooling, reasons for enrolling,
- training, participation and assessment information
- fee and payment information
Security of Personal Information
Bondi Training Centre will take reasonable steps to protect and secure your Personal Information to ensure you it is protected from misuse, loss, theft, and unauthorised modification, access or disclosure other than in accordance with these terms.
Bondi Training Centre takes reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify any Personal Information where:
- Bondi Training Centre no longer needs the Personal Information for any purpose for which the personal Information may be used or disclosed by Bondi Training Centre; and
- Bondi Training Centre is not required by or under an Australian law, regulation or a court/tribunal order, to retain the Personal Information.
Disclosure of Personal information
The personal information about students enrolled in a Course with Bondi Training Centre may be shared with the Australian Government and designated authorities, such as ASQA (the RTO’s registering body), and the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER). This includes personal details, contact details, course enrolment information, unit outcomes, AQF certification and statement issuance and information about training participation and progress.
- Bondi Training Centre will not disclose an individual’s personal information to another person or organisation unless:
- They are aware that information of that kind is usually passed to that person or organisation.
- The individual has given written consent.
- Bondi Training Centre believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or another person.
- The disclosure is required or authorised by, or under, law. The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue. Any person or organisation to which information is disclosed is not permitted to use or disclose the information for a purpose other than for which the information was supplied to them.